Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Trip To Ang Sar Li - Episode One

Today, I decided to take a drive to Serangoon Garden to do some banking transactions and also to buy 4D/Toto. After I had moved out of Ang Mo Kio, I hardly visited Serangoon Garden anymore. Everytime I go back there, there bound to be new shops appearing. The place sure bring back old memories..... back to the 80s where I was still in secondary school.

Let's take a trip back to my old school days in the 80s when super short mini skirts was in fashion. Even school uniform was also short short..Heh heh.


My daily schooling routine will start early morning at 5:45am from my home in Ang Mo Kio to Serangoon Garden interchange bus stop. Its faster this way to get to school. (The HDB flats at a distant is Ang Mo Kio)


The Tunnel. Its build under the Central Expressway that connect Ang Mo Kio to Serangoon Garden. During school days, I had to walk through here from my old flat in AMK to catch the morning bus in the interchange. Before this tunnel and the CTE was built. I had to walk through the tall grass and bushes to cut accross.


The Bus Stop. Even in early morning before 6am, there would be score of students there. This was the days even before the MRT ever existed. So every morning, I had to squeeze with those students to get on to Bus no 136 and 156 to get to school.


Hmm..I dont remember seeing so many old age Homes in the area before.


Serangoon Garden Community Club. It has been closed since March 2005. It's a place where I first start my weight training and a place to oggle at those cute girls in their Tae Kwon Do gi.


The road to Serangoon Central, if by walking only will take about 5 minute to cover this stretch.


The Signboard. "Maju" which means sucess in Malay. This stretch has some pubs and eateries.


There used to be a Cinema here. It's call Paramount. Now, I only go there only for shopping in NTUC fairprice or to buy 4D.


Nowadays students hang around expensive joints like Cafe Cartel and Coffee Bean.


There used to be a local fast food restaurant in the place where the current coffee shop is located. I still remember the name is call "Buddies". It's a place where the boys from my school will meet the girls of St Joseph Convent. Too bad I was too gong gong that time to sian those girls.


The back alley.


Bank and Clinics


Eatery, bank and fastfood along this stretch

To be continue.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Car license plates are blanked out. Good 'habit'. I like. :)